Monday's Weekly LinksMonday, May 09, 2016
Welcome to our first edition of Weekly Links!
I realize that I need a goal and a timeline to set for myself in order to get things done. So in an effort to get back on track with posting on certain days that you all can expect, every Monday I'm going to do a "weekly links" post. It will be a compilation of all the cool travel related articles I've found throughout the previous week. Whether it's something about an amazing destination I heard of, some interesting or shocking event or festival somewhere, a funny travel related article, unique budget travel tips......just a highlight of my favorite travel related articles that I came across throughout the previous week!
*Along the same lines with sticking to a timeline, you can also expect Wednesdays to now be "Wanderlust Wednesdays" where I'll post about a new destination that's been on my mind. Things to do there, interesting facts, food, places to stay, etc!*
* This first one, is just a fun image I came across. Does anyone want to take this bus with me??
If you go, you'll have to let me know how it is, because I don't think I can do this! Holy Magoly, look how narrow those roads/turns are! And there aren't even any guardrails!
If you really do want to check this bus tour out, you can find information by searching:
Bus travelling through Tranda Dhank, Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh, India
I hear the drivers are very skilled, but also go pretty fast....I'm not cool enough to take this, lol.
* Okay, these have been around for a while, but I just found them again and they are HILARIOUS....but also really really sad since they are real and people actually said these things. Do yourself a favor and read this article about 20 Vacation Complaints received from a travel company. My favorites are "No one told us there would be fish in the sea...the children were frightened", and absurd ones like "The beach was too sandy", or this couple grasping at straws "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
* I hear time and time again that traveling through Central America is something that is a must do. Not only because of the wonderful scenery, people, and culture, but because it can be really easy on the budget. Here is a breakdown someone did on the cost of travel in Central America. It breaks it down by country and gives you the average daily cost of food, drinks, activities, lodging, transport, and "other".
* I always find these types of articles interesting. This one is about the typical breakfasts eaten from around the world. Does anyone know how accurate these are? Like, do the people in these countries really eat this for breakfast often or is it just what the country is known for?? As a side note, if you're from, or spent a good deal of time in another country, I would love to know your experiences on what typical breakfasts are there. Let me know in the comments section below!
* I'm going to end this week's list on a somber note asking for thoughts, aid, or prayers for Alberta, Canada. They have been experiencing raging wildfires for days now. Over 80,000 people have been evacuated from their homes, thousands of people have lost their homes to the fire. As far as I have heard, no human lives have been lost due to the city's hard work and being able to give enough to notice to get residents out of town in time. However, the wildfires now cover more than 700 square miles and are continuing. The city needs heavy, continuous rain to help put out the fires. It's too big of a job for the firefighters to control on their own. From reports I've read, it doesn't look like the area is due for heavy heavy rain right now. Human lives are thankfully being saved, but the fires are still destroying their beautiful nature, wildlife, homes, businesses, etc all around the area. Let's send prayers and help how we can.
So, what do you think? Would you ride the bus that is likely to fall of the cliff?? Did you laugh/cry at the vacation complaints? What's your experience with the typical breakfasts in other countries??